January 2021: The International Children’s School has decided to close its doors after more than 30 years of learning.
We are hoping to offer personalized tutoring plans and lessons in the future.
Read more here.
A Burlington, Vermont Preschool and Kindergarten-Grade 3
The International Children’s School offers an exceptional early learning environment that honors the individuality of each student. Our classes focus on traditional academics like Science, Math and English while integrating lessons in Handwriting, reading, music, dance, painting and foreign languages (French, Spanish and even Chinese – when available!).
We often take local field trips (think Shelburne Orchards in the Fall and ice skating in the Winter) and host international learning events (United Nations Day).
Take a look at our Facebook page to see pictures and descriptions of our past trips and events!
Early Learning School In Vermont
- Spanish + French + Chinese programs (When Available)
- Music, Art, Drama and Dance classes
- Quality academics: Reading, Spelling, Math and Science
- The “lost art of handwriting”
- Students “travel” every month to a different country as they learn about the world and its people
- Low teacher to student ratio
- Students broaden their understanding of different local and worldly cultures while developing open-mindedness
Our high-quality programs illustrate the dynamic relationship between music, arts and history, literature, and world cultures, and introduces children to fascinating art forms that might lie outside the standard preschool curriculum, like puppetry, dance, and more. To learn more about the International Children’s School, read about Our Philosophy and Our Programs.